Equipment & Technical – Hall & Floor Plans
The Colosseum Hall
- Massively spacious recording area – 135ft x 74ft – with its maple wooden floor contributing to the excellent acoustics.
- Superb natural acoustic, which has benefited orchestral recording since the 1960s.
- Compton 3-manual pipe organ, with stops to 32ft. Recently refurbished throughout, it can be configured as a church organ or theatre console.
- Mic pre-amps and A-D converters mounted below stage, to minimise cable runs.
To help with session planning, please view or download these plans:-
If you need the free Adobe Reader® software to view these files, please click here to download
- The Colosseum: Hall (PDF 120kb)
- The Colosseum: Stage Plan (PDF 97kb)
Equipment details can change, as a result of our on-going upgrade program. Please contact James Shannon , our Technical Engineer, if you need to confirm any specific points.